This event is at capacity! See our event page for ways to find out about our next events.
Note from your group hike leader:
Hello Unlikely Hikers,
I can’t wait to get outside with you! Please note our new COVID protocols. I’ve done this trail many times, but I will be scouting it again this Thursday to report any new or forgotten details. Stayed tuned to your email!
Unlikely Hikers creates safer, supportive, intentional, body-positive outdoor experiences for hikers looking for community who might not feel welcome or comfortable in most outdoor group scenarios. We hike slowly together as a group––no hiker left behind! Before our adventure begins, we share guidelines and intentions to create the most welcoming space possible by sharing pronouns, prohibiting body-negative talk and creating a network of support around what it truly means to build community outside. People of all genders welcome!
Camelbak is sponsoring this event. They’ve been so supportive of our new programs and growth. We’ll have an awesome raffle and giveaways!
The important stuff:
- Please allow up to 3 days for us to process your RSVP.
- Your RSVP is mandatory and it is a commitment to joining, please don’t RSVP as a placeholder. Use cancellation form at the bottom if you can no longer attend.
- Our groups are limited to 12 attendees. Please don’t bring friends, get them to sign up ASAP.
- All communication and further information is via email – email@example.com – No social media DMs.
- We are not doing carpooling during the pandemic.
- VAX CARD REQUIRED – we will be in touch via email.
- This is not one of our Accessible hikes.
- Masks required when we’re standing around before and after the hike even if you are vaccinated. You may remove them while on trail.
- Maintain physical distance w/folks outside of your pack to the best of your availability.
- Be on time.
- Eat breakfast, bring snacks & hydrate.
DATE: Saturday, October 30, 2021
LOCATION: Mission Trails Regional Park
TRAIL STATS: >4miles, 300 feet elevation gain, loop. We’ll be doing a variation of this trail.
TERRAIN: mostly well-graded and maintained dirt trail, one very rocky stretch about a half mile long, very steep hill right in the middle, but mostly flat with short, gentle inclines and declines.
DIRECTIONS + PARKING + MEET-UP SPOT provided via email
CELL RECEPTION: with Verizon I had nearly full bars the entire time.
DOGS: leashed dogs with good manners are welcome (no jumping, no aggression, anxiety in check, etc.)––we are not trying to shame you or your dog! My own dog doesn’t fit this bill.
KIDS: we welcome 1 child per adult. Please tell us if you’re bringing a kid so we don’t exceed our maximum headcount.
Bring: we’ll have some refreshments for the end, but bring snacks and at least 2 liters of water. Sunscreen Be prepared for our time together to be longer than you think. Sneakers, hiking sandals or boots––no flip flops! Trekking poles if you need them.
DONATIONS support our group hike leaders & Chapters Program. We then match 20% as a donation to the Indigenous nations who steward the land where we are holding our event. Any amount welcome, zero pressure to donate. For all non-card options, please put hike location in the body/reason so we know who it’s going to. Cash is welcome day-of. Thank you, regardless!