This event is at capacity! All further registrations will be added to the waitlist.
This exciting event is sponsored by, REI! We’ll have a great hike with some fun post-hike swag, raffle prizes and refreshments
Lead: UH founder, Jenny Bruso (she/they)
DATE: Saturday, October 15th
LOCATION: Gillette Lake (Columbia River Gorge)
TRAIL STATS: this is a more challenging hike than we normally do! Prioritize your safety, respect your abilities. 5.6 miles, 650 feet +/- gain.
FULL EVENT DETAILS + TRAIL INFO + DIRECTIONS + PARKING + MEET-UP SPOT provided via registration. We generally start some time between 8am-10am. Our events are in very high demand and we can’t run the risk of exceeding group size limits because of folks showing up without registering. Thank you for your understanding!
KIDS: we welcome 1 vaccinated child per family. They must be declared on your registration form below so we can maintain the headcount. Your kiddo must have some hiking experience or be old enough to understand what hiking is. Proof of vax required.
DOGS: leashed dogs with good manners are welcome (no jumping, no aggression, anxiety in check, etc.)––we are not trying to shame you or your dog if they don’t fit this bill.
DONATIONS support our group hike leaders & chapters program. We then match 20% as a donation to a cause benefitting one of the First Nations of the land where we are holding our event on. Any amount welcome, zero pressure to donate. Cash is welcome day-of. Thank you, regardless!
The important stuff:
- Your registration is a commitment to joining. This is not a placeholder. We have a waitlist of folks who would love your spot.
- No plus-ones. Your adult friends & family must register themselves.
- All communication and further information is via email – email@example.com – No social media DMs.
- PROOF OF VAX + at least 1 BOOSTER REQUIRED.
- This is not one of our Accessible hikes.
- Maintain physical distance w/folks outside of your pack to the best of your availability with respect to Covid-19 and our individual comfort levels at this time of the pandemic.
- While we no longer require masks while outside, we encourage you to bring one as a best practice. If you are someone who feels most comfortable wearing a mask at all times, or most of the time, we support you.
- Be on time.
- Eat breakfast, bring snacks & hydrate.